top of page

Skilled worker visa

Once your UK sponsor license application is approved, you can proceed with sponsoring a skilled worker through the following steps:


Step 1 Requesting and assigning a Certificate of Sponsorship:


As a licensed sponsor, you will need to request and assign a Certificate of Sponsorship to the skilled worker you wish to hire. The CoS is a virtual document that contains information about the worker, their job role, salary, and other relevant details. You can issue a CoS through the Sponsor Management System (SMS), which is the online platform provided by the Home Office.



Step 2 Skilled Worker Visa Application:


The skilled worker you are sponsoring will need to apply for a Skilled Worker visa from outside the UK or, in some cases, switch to this visa category from within the UK if they are already residing here under a different immigration category. The worker will need to provide necessary documents, including a valid CoS, proof of English language proficiency, and evidence of maintenance funds if required.

bottom of page